29 December 2008

Week 7 Thing#16

Education has come a longgg way-no longer the 'I provide information and u learn it'.It has become interactive and easily updated.Which brings me to the topic I am going to explore and share-wikis.

How to create a wiki....video,fun and easy:)

There are different sites at which one can create a wiki,wikispaces;wetpaint;pbwiki(as easy as peanut butter sandwich).
And there are a wide gamut of wikis available...I really like the wikihow,the online how-to manual!Even a wiki for Heroes!!

Wikis in education....incredible number of things being done out there.There is an online book at lulu.com, called Using Wikis in Education.One could buy the book, but a peek into it gives us a fair idea of things happ out there.

Looking at some interesting wikis used in learning,I found this quite an interesting way to teach spectroscopy.A very technical area, has been made quite easy to understand and appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment