02 January 2009

Week 9 Thing#20c

I have been using online videos at MeL and in the classroom...youtube leads the pack, but I also found photobucket has a good collection of things I was looking for.
And facebook allows easy upload of videos too..done a couple..so can talk of some experience there!
Almost every student visits these video sites...but I wonder if they know how to upload stuff?My guess is yes.....
Interestingly there is a community guidelines page at youtube, which tells u the can's and cannot's....they have a 24 hour surveillance of the videos uploaded....not a job I would want:).They have a handbook guiding u- camera angles, lighting techniques, sounds and so on and so forth.No longer amateur, is it?
I think Film making course should have the prerequisite that an aspiring student should have atleast 3 videos made by them uploaded on an online video site and should discuss them during their interview.Any takers for this?!!
Sorry I have exhausted my time at YouTube...anyone has any insights into the others?Please do let me know..many thanks:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment