18 January 2009

Week 10 Thing #23

Cannot believe I have reached the end and am summing up my thoughts....there is always a sense of deja vu at the end of things enjoyed.....Classroom Learning 2.0 is right up there!
I roughed it out through patches of CL, groping in the dark...a few exercises took me forever to get a hold of such as RSS,delicious and technorati.I delighted to learn about creative commons, had lots of fun(and continue to) at Library thing,twitter....loved exploring how wikis and podcasts are being used in the classroom. And joined a whole bunch of networking sites.....bet I do not rem'ber half of the passwords created;-)
Learning with a time line can be stress inducing esp if u r running behind schedule,although there was nobody but myself giving me a mental rap for it(txs!). It was really tough esp when I found myself skimming the surface with some explorations...I just needed to strike them off the ever growing list.Some instantly struck gold with me...and I found the extra time(with no complaining) to read and explore further.Reinforced, "if u r having fun...learning can be a breeze."
Some of the tasks left me puzzling over Qs like, will I ever use this?How will I use this in my class?What if something new and better comes along(am I back at square one)?
Once I stopped thinking about each task microscopically....I realized it will come in handy if not IN the class I teach..then in another aspect of my life....or I can suggest a useful web 2.0 tool to my family and friends to use.
I will be a life long student of classroom learning....there is always something new to learn, or an old issue to revisit....whether through 2.0 or otherwise.I have been recommending this course to anyone who cares to listen.....its good to plough through these various tasks....we might find something which suits us right here....or the branching off in our searches will give us the turn/s in our own teaching pedagogy.
I DID START A BLOG,FINALLY...and intend to keep it going:)
AM pleased with myself and hope u all are too!!Congratulations....hope we open the bubbly when we meet for the wrap up session!!(Hint!HINT!)

1 comment:

  1. Great wrap-up, Confusious! I'm glad that you have got something from it. Also glad that you have realised that writing a blog is NOT the evil thing that many SGers think it is...

    Sometimes, the way to use these things with your classes is not to use them. What do I mean? You can mention them as options when handing out assignments. For example, students could be given the option to create a podcast for their lab report - most will not take it up, but the ones who prefer to talk and not write will certainly appreciate the opportunity.

    All the best with your blogging!

    ReplyDelete